Today is Redleaf Press®’s annual employee picnic, so we thought it’d be fun to share some ideas and helpful resources for your own outdoor gatherings this summer, whether you are with children or enjoying some time on your own.
- Plan your menu with the healthy and mouth-watering recipes in The Early Sprouts Cookbook — we’re fans of these bell pepper and turkey burgers!
- Explore your surroundings with children using outdoor activity ideas from Nature Sparks — these hikes are always fun.
- Add some color and pizazz to an afternoon snack with Fruit-Kabob Rainbows, an idea from Incredible Edible Science.
- Cool off with air- and water-filled beach balls, an idea from More Infant and Toddler Experiences — an unexpected surprise that will stir young children’s curiosity and delight their senses.
- Take photographs of your day and check out Teaching in the Digital Age to learn how to use them to inspire and support learning.
- Discuss a few of the thought-provoking essays in Swinging Pendulums with your colleagues (ensuring, of course, that children are well-supervised).
- Be prepared to take action should any urgent medical situations arise — such as bites and stings — with Medical Emergencies in Early Childhood Settings.
Tell us: What are some of your favorite outdoor summer activities? We’d love to hear!