Like they say, time flies when you’re having fun! We’re only weeks out from 2014, but a lot of fun things are happening at Redleaf Press in November and December! Here’s a quick rundown of what’s going on around these parts.
* * *
Next week, several Redleaf staffers will be heading to Washington, DC, for the 2013 NAEYC Annual Conference & Expo. We’ll be setting up a fun booth in the exhibit hall filled with more than 40 new products—children’s books, classroom resources, training programs, activity cards, and more—and all of best-selling titles. Plus, our show specials are not to be missed, so if you’ll be at the conference, make sure you stop by and browse our booth. Many Redleaf Press authors will be presenting throughout the conference. Check out the schedule here.
* * *
Speaking of new books, our warehouse has been getting delivery after delivery of new titles, fresh from the printer.
- Six new children’s picture books—the first releases under our new imprint, Redleaf Lane—arrived: Mama’s Gloves, Evette’s Invitation, All in One Day, The Amazing Erik, Bree Finds a Friend, and Rita and the Firefighters.
- We were also really excited to see the twentieth anniversary edition of All the Colors We Are come in—it’s a childhood classic that helps children understand why we all have different shades of skin color.
- The third edition of the Growing, Growing Strong series also landed in our warehouse recently. The whole health curriculum is now available in five books; each book focuses on a particular topic—Body Care, Fitness and Nutrition, Safety, Social and Emotional Well-Being, and Community and Environment—and provides developmentally appropriate classroom and at-home activities to help children develop lifelong healthy habits. Each book also includes an overview of six topics within the book’s content area, suggested interest area materials, learning objectives and vocabulary words, and suggestions for evaluating children’s understanding of the topics.
- The Healthy Children, Healthy Lives Training and Resources series, consists of seven CD-ROMs presenting information to help your staff members, stakeholders, and families understand the importance of integrating wellness throughout your early childhood program. Aligning with the topics presented in the book Healthy Children, Healthy Lives, each CD-ROM provides a PowerPoint presentation, printable files, family resource flyers, resource flyers for staff members, and handouts. A facilitator’s guide is also included with each presentation. The series consists of You Are What You Eat, Jump Right In, Strong on the Inside, Feeling Good, Safe and Sound, Ignite Your Plan, and Healthy Children, Healthy Lives Overview.
- Brain Insights from Redleaf Press activity cards are also new! These age-specific laminated cards on a ring provide 40 quick and easy brain-building activity ideas in a portable and compact format—the perfect way to jumpstart interactive play anywhere throughout the day!
- What’s next: Being a Supervisor, an addition to Gigi Schweikert’s Winning Ways for Early Childhood Professionals series that provides insight, guidance, and exercises to enhance your leadership skills in eight areas. Making It Better, Second Edition, out next month, shares more than 75 empowering and healing classroom activities to help children living with uncertainty and insecurity. Want more of a sneak peek? Visit our website for the full list.
* * *
Have you been keeping up with our Author Spotlight series? This month’s Spotlight has a bit of a twist—it’s an Illustrator Spotlight featuring Joseph Cowman, who illustrated the six books in the Early Experiences Set. Delve into the world of art and all things creative with this fun Q&A, where Joseph shares his workspace, inspiration, and a few of the projects he’s done in the past.
* * *
We’re happy to share the news that Early Childhood Activities for a Greener Earth was named a 2014 Teachers’ Choice Award for the Classroom winner. For 20 years, the Teachers’ Choice Awards, presented by Learning® magazine, have heralded the very best in classroom-tested, teacher-recommended products. Each year, a nationwide panel of teacher-judges names the standouts in books, classroom supplies, educational games, websites, and more—everything teachers need in the classroom. After receiving top ratings in two rounds of rigorous judging, Early Childhood Activities for a Greener Earth was named as a winner in the classroom category.
* * *